MIVFFA members engage in various fundraising activities, the proceeds of which are used for:
- MIVFFA sponsored events including:
- Tween Nights
- Halloween Fireworks event
- Mother’s Day Breakfast
- Children’s Christmas Party
- School Bike Rodeo
- Family Day
- The purchase of firefighting equipment
- The Firefighter’s Benevolent Fund, which assists current and former firefighters in financial need.
- Specific causes such as The Burn Fund, Heart and Stroke, The Meredith James Fund and The Terry Fox Run.
Each firefighter contributes $30 per month towards Association activities.
Additionally, we are supported by donations from individuals in the community, as well as local businesses and orginizations including: Tru Value Foods, The Lions Club, The Agricultural Society, Mayne Island Parks & Recreation and Farmgate Store.